In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DENDROBIUM ORCHID - MY FIRST!


I am so excited about my dendrobium blooming that I just had to share it with you. I have a whole stalk full of these delightful blooms. I finally found a spot under the trees on our back patio that the orchid likes. I always killed the plants before they bloomed, so this is my first success! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Who said that? Churchill?

4 comments:

Jinny Curran Walz said...

The orchid and your picture of it are beautiful. Churchill said, "Never, never, never give up." Same message but someone else said the other.

Little Scribe said...

Beautiful. Thanks for posting. My mom took lots of flower photos but they are on slides, as I mentioned before. She took a really nifty photo once of decoration on Christmas tree - closeup of a large ball which had her reflection in it. I have this one. Your photos are reminding me of her.

Martha Markline Hopkins said...

You probably should have the slides transferred to photos someday.

John Chancellor said...

Congratulations. I know what it feels like to grow beautiful flowers. At one time I had a wonderful collection of roses. I also know how difficult it can be to achieve that sort of success.

Thomas Palmer (1782 - 1861) is the one who said it. The complete version was:

Tis a lesson you should heed,
try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again.