In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Monday, June 16, 2008

My Girl

Dear Class: I have spent most of the last two days trying to learn more about how to do a slideshow with the music of my choice. This has involved learning how to extract the song My Girl from Utube video, becoming familiar with Microsoft Movie Maker (which I have never used), numerous, numerous failures in uploading, then finally switching to UTube to upload. (I hate reading directions, especially computer program directions.) Sometimes - you will understand this problem - I became totally lost as could not remember what I was trying to do.

I think I'm on the way to eventually doing a good video for you. Meanwhile, please excuse my clumsy attempts as there is much trial and error. Mainly, I need more photos so I won't have to fill photo space to match song length with pictures of my dogs and other images. SEND PHOTOS via e-mail: scribe564@bellsouth.net. Or upload to Photobucket or similar sites where I may retrieve.

Probably this video will come down later on when I have a better one. For now, I have to turn my attention to housecleaning, washing clothes, bathing dogs, and paying bills. You understand.

Blessings,

Ouida Landreth Tomlinson

2 comments:

John Chancellor said...

Very interesting and you certainly get high marks for creating this video.

Do you hire out to do other work?

Little Scribe said...

Thanks John. I'm learning and trying. If I could roll back the clock, I would seek training/degree and work in web design and other similar computer areas. Now I do it all for love and for the Franciscans - free. Too late I have found what I would like to be when I grow up. Too late for pay but not too late for fun.