In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Sunday, June 1, 2008

Missing Classmates Update

For the past two days "I been searchin', searchin', searchin' ever wi-i-i-i-i-itch uh way! Oh, yeah!" Can you hear the Coasters singing? We had 32 "missing" or "lost" classmates but after my best detective skills were put into high gear that list is now down by 19 with 13 to go! Best time I've had in months; what fun it's been to talk with friends I haven't seen in decades! My heart is warmed by the receptions I received and I surely hope the feeling is mutual. Nancy Hughes said she was waiting to hear from someone and is thrilled that we "found" her! Ray Crawford's going to join us in Meridian at the Carousel. Linda Reidenbaugh has gone to every one of her husband's reunions (he graduated from MHS in '52) but never to our class' reunions. A few have never, ever been to a reunion but plan on coming now. What a joy this little task has been. Can't wait to see you all and hear first hand what paths your lives have taken.
Have found 1 other but I'm waiting to get a call back. We've also located 3 who were not on the list but who had missed receiving information because of recent moves.

Updated 6/13/08

5 comments:

Martha Markline Hopkins said...

Gee, Jinny, you are a whirlwind of activity and results! Thanks for doing this. Will you tell your secret for finding "lost" classmates?

John Chancellor said...

Jinny,

Your name has been put in the hat for the Sherlock Holmes award given to the class detective. Good work.

I know good work is its own reward, but you are still due a great big thanks for all your effort.

Little Scribe said...

Jinny, this is wonderful!! Thanks so much. You are a whirlwind. I hope we find them all!!

David N. James said...

I was so grateful when Beth tracked me down earlier this year. I think she contacted Jin for the job. I was staying under an overpass on the Interstate 85 here in Atlanta and living out of a hefty bag at the time. This has turned my life around. Bless you both.

David N. James said...

Bush called. They want you in Afghanistan by Tuesday. They're looking for this fellow, Osama, something or other. Be ready. Call me with the nearest airport airport. Jin, you're not going to be in Kansas anymore... for a while anyway. Good luck!