In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Monday, July 13, 2009

War Memories

I was too young to remember much about W.W.II. I do vaguely remember the newsreels at the movies. I remember the A-bomb attack on Japan. I thought as a six year old might: boy that was a lot bigger than a cherry bomb - pretty dumb huh? My brother Kenneth was three years older than me. We were attending Marion Park School during the time of the A-bomb attack. Consequently since our name was Adams the kids at school nicknamed us: Big Adam Bomb and Little Adam Bomb.

I remember when the Korean War came about - and still more vivid memories of the newsreels at the movies. The phrase I remember most about the Korean War was the 38th parallel. I was still too young to figure out why there had to be wars. I am 68 now and still haven't figured that one out. I do know that as long as there are dictatorial tyrants that are ruling nations, there will always be a war going on somewhere.

May God be with our grandchildren, their children and our many descendents to come. I give thanks to the many brave men and women who have fought to protect our freedom and the freedom of other countries as well. Many have died and many have been disabled physically and mentally. God Bless those who are serving in our armed forces today and GOD BLESS the U.S.A.

Ronnie [little adam bomb] Adams

No comments: