In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Sunday, September 7, 2008

AARP Advice to attract sexy younger women

AARP Question---
Q: Where can men over the age of 60 find
younger, sexy women who are
interested in them?
A: Try a bookstore-------under fiction.

I found the question and answer quite interesting, so I went to the local Barnes & Nobles - hung out in the fiction section. Nothing happened. I asked the help desk and they suggested I was in the wrong section. They thought I'd have better luck in the Humor section. After all they thought it was a joke for men over 60 to expect sexy younger women to be interested in them.

After about an hour I went back to the help desk. Another person was on duty and I explained the situation. Again, I was told I was in the wrong section. I should be in the Money section. After all, if any sexy younger women were going to be interested in me, it would not be based on my charming personality or striking good looks - it would be based on money.

I tried the money section ... no luck.

I went back to the help desk and finally got the straight scoop. I was going to have to 1) show I had some money and 2) let the young sexy women know I was interested in spending it on them.

I purchased an erotic book and went home. I could create my own fantasy … it was a lot cheaper ... and the sexy young woman would not run out when the money did.

3 comments:

David N. James said...

John, is this another of your "Lessons In Life"? I will follow it. Me, For the last 5 years or so, I've stuck to standing "In Praise Of Older Women" Why?

An older woman will never wake you up in the middle of the night & ask you, "What are you thinking?" An older woman doesn't care what you think.

John Chancellor said...

I like what Ben Franklin said about older women, but I will leave it to the readers to discover his words of wisdom.

Little Scribe said...

If you had been to Barnes & Noble in the spring in Metairie, LA, you would have seen a lovely older woman. C'est moi! So sorry I would not have been interested in meeting men of any age that day. I was much more interested in my long nap in one of their very comfortable lounge chairs. It was delicious.

Wasn't it Benjamin Franklin who said that a man alone is an "incomplete animal" and "resembles the odd Half of a Pair of Scissars"? hahahahaha

Thanks for today's Lesson In Life, John.