In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Friday, August 1, 2008

Announcement!

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!


7 comments:

Beth Hobgood Clark said...

Happy Birthday Ouida. May you have many mooooooore.

Little Scribe said...

Yes. hahahahahahaha. In my circle of friends, I am the one who reminds everyone about birthdays, but when it comes to mine, no one is reminded. Woe is me. I'm forgotten. So this year I'm reminding everyone that it is my birthday.

Martha Markline Hopkins said...

Happy Birthday, Girl! You rock!

John Chancellor said...

It is a good thing that there is no audio on the blog ... I would sing Happy Birthday to you ... and the blog participation would sink like a rock.

So Happy Birthday ... and if the rock sinks any lower, it ain't my fault.

Jinny Curran Walz said...

Ouida, did you ever listen to Big John and Sparky on the radio? Each Saturday he and Sparky would sing to all the birthday people.
Here goes!
Today is the birthday I wonder for whom?
I know that it's someone who's right in this room!
So look all around you for someone who
Is smiling and happy - my goodness it's you!
Happy Birthday Ouida from all of us to you!
Happy Birthday Ouida, may all of your good dreams come true!
We congratulate and pray good luck follows too!
Happy Birthday Ouida, from all of us to you!

You're older than I am!

David N. James said...

Ouida, we can grow old, but let's refuse to grow up.

Little Scribe said...

Well, the clock is about to strike 12:00 midnight so the birthday is over for another year. Thank y'all so much for celebrating with me. Yes, I refuse to grow up. Think of how much fun I would have missed today if I were grown up. May all your dreams come true.