In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Guess Who?


NAME THESE SWEET CHILDREN!

11 comments:

Jinny Curran Walz said...

My guess is Patsy Fisher McDonald on the left and Sonny Fisher 3rd from the left. I can't place their dancing partners. Let us know soon!

Anonymous said...

Jinny is correct on the two she named, and as I know the other young lady as a class of 60s classmate, i shall remain quiet as I am not a member of this class. LOL

David N. James said...

Excuse me, Anonymous! I don't think you're old enough to be commenting here. Though if you are old enough, you must be pretty damn dumb if it took you until the class of '60 to graduate. Our entire class joined Mensa upon graduation. We tackle some important, often very complicated, issues here. I, for one, don't mind you lurking because you might learn something, but, commenting is something I think is beyond your ken. Along with size, age and IQ matter deeply to us. Especially age.

Little Scribe said...

Be nice to our guests or else you'll have spend next month in your room without a computer!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot compete with Mr James in verbal conflict. As far as age, do the math. i started school in sep of 48 at the farm expierenced age of 7. Mrs Pendarvis gave me my first whipping at Oakland Heights. Mr Pendarvis gave me my second whipping in school, then Coach Allgood. Do i qualify yet?
If not let me shut down and see if I can justify to post with only two years age didderence between. By the way You are the more expierenced Cat in the cage. I say that with cander.
All kidding aside, I do appreciate the opportunity to post on this site. David, I did not know you by name, but I did you sister. May I say I was very saddened when I learned of her passing. I saw her at our last renunion(45)in 2005. She was a Lady and I respected her greatly.

Students of 58------may I post again?
RK Warren
(Having problems so im posting as anonymous) don't cha love that.lol

Anonymous said...

By the way, I think James "Big Nic" Nichols will vouch for me.
And the other two in the picture are, uhhhh, well I had better wait.

David N. James said...

Hey, Anonymous. We know everything. We know the mystery partners in the picture are the Speeds, Carl and Judy. Last night at the secret meeting, which I might say, you weren't privileged to attend, we decided not to mention their names. I think both couples are cute, but, as you know dancing is the devil's handiwork. I only mention them here because your doing so would be yet another violation of our strict blog rules. Yes, Ouida inadvertently outed the Fishers which I would not have done because doing so may haunt them the rest of their lives, but she did and we'll all have to live with it. Ugh,dancing! It's so disgraceful.

David N. James said...

Oh, Anonymous, I hope you know I'm teasing here.

Little Scribe said...

I've heard from Patsy and she says that Sonny is one of them but she is not sure about the rest. My "Clark Kent" reporter says that this is Patsy and Sonny Fisher and Judy and Carol Speed, each dancing with other's sibling.

Little Scribe said...

Correction: Carl Speed (Is that right, David?)

David N. James said...

Ouida. I sent you my source. Anonymous, I don't want to close out this thread without thanking you for your kind remarks about my sister, Leah. I appreciate that very much. I let my comment #8 get away without telling you this.