In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Monday, June 9, 2008

Tee Mann



Can't wait to see how this posting turns out! First try and with Ouida's help, I did get the photos up, but, now I can't see them and already have forgotten which ones I highlighted. Think the first one was of my 93 year old mother and me, taken on Mother's Day, 2008. We are windblown, having just emerged from a spin in my brother's porsche 911, top down, and 90 mph.

The second photo is of me with my six grandchildren taken in March,2008. No, I am not all bent over, just trying to keep my balance as I hold a 23 pound child on my hip and try to not slide down a 75 degree hill. Now I am curious to see if my text matches my photo post. Probably not. Anyway, hello. Am enjoying seeing the pictures all of you send in.

3 comments:

Little Scribe said...

Congratulations! You made it. It's wonderful. Go glad you Mom is still with you. What a big smile!! And all those grandchildren. You are blessed.

Ouida

Martha Markline Hopkins said...

Thanks for sharing your handsome family with us. You are lucky to still have your mother with you. I had mine until she was 98. And now I see where you get your high spirits!

Jinny Curran Walz said...

They're beautiful, as all can see, and I know they're bright because their grandmother and great grandmother are brilliant.