In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Saturday, May 17, 2008

WVSU Streaming Smooth Jazz

Here's a link to my favorite radio station broadcasting from Samford Univ. in B'ham. They play mostly smooth jazz (great for background sound with computer work), but regularly have bluegrass and blues programs.

http://www.samford.edu/groups/wvsu/

Happy listening! Let me know if you like it.

4 comments:

David N. James said...

Neat station, Martha Ann. Rather than let music be the background when I write, I use it during breaks -- sometimes for an hour or so, I listen to music and rather than fire up iTunes on my Mac, I'll give your station a try.

Thanks for helping me by doing your part to dispel the canard that the only thing "good" thing to come out of Mississippi is Interstate 20.

I appreciate your sharing your music station with us.

Jinny Curran Walz said...

Martha Ann,
Did you graduate from Samford? I have a dear friend from the St. Louis area who did. She grew up outside of Montgomery.
Jinny

Little Scribe said...

I tuned into your music station, Martha, and really like it. Thanks for letting us know about this good music.

Martha Markline Hopkins said...

Hi, Jinny,

No, I have degrees from Southern Miss, Univ. of Montevallo, and Univ. of Al (I return to school every 20 years for another degree - ha!).

MA