In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

In Celebration of MHS Class of 1958

A Tribute and Celebration

We were the class of 1958, members of the Greatest Generation as well as children of the Greatest Generation. Born in 1940, we are also called members of the Traditional Generation.

Our childhood, post World War II, "was the best of times . . . it was the age of wisdom . . . it was the epoch of belief . . .it was the season of Light . . . it was the spring of hope . . . we had everything before us . . .we were all going direct to Heaven . . . ." (A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens.) At least, that's the way I felt about it. We were truly blessed.

- Ouida Tomlinson -

This blog is a place for 1958 graduates of Meridian, Mississippi, High School to stay in touch, post their news, items of interest and photographs.

CLASS OF 1958 MEMORIES (Click to read all posts relating to sports, honors, graduation and other memories of our class in 1957-58.)

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CLASS OF 1958
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHS58/

____________________________________

HOME


Friday, May 9, 2008

Remembering All Of You On Mother's Day

Remembering all of you on Mother's Day - sons and daughters, mothers, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers. Wishing you a happy and peaceful day with family and fond memories.

Like me, I'm sure you may have bought many cards for Mother's Day and Father's Day in days gone by. Until I was almost 40, I had four grandparents, my mom and dad. One by one they passed away until the last one was gone - my mother in December 2006. I miss my mother this Mother's Day.

My mother always planned things well. The day after her funeral, the whole family was still together, and we celebrated a wedding when James (my oldest son) and Regan were married at Church of the Mediator in Meridian. Now James and Regan have made me a grandmother again. I can see my mother smiling. The baby's name is Peyton (in video below).

Love & Prayers,
Ouida

Tell us about you and your family by making comment following this post or making your own post.

CLICK ARROW TO WATCH VIDEO!!

3 comments:

David N. James said...

Ouida.

Thank you for sharing a little of your family on this Mothers Day weekend. I read your post as a universal tribute honoring mothers everywhere. What you wrote is a warm, poignant reminder of the importance of mothers.

We are all in that zone where those of us with living mothers may suddenly be without them tomorrow. And, this same zone is where there is melancholia for those whose mothers are no longer with us.

I think I speak for the entire MHS, class of '58 when I tell you of my (our) appreciation of your post.

David James

Little Scribe said...

"The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a mother." St. Theresa of Lisieux

Martha Markline Hopkins said...

What a sweetie-pie!
Thanks for the show and tell.